BACON & CHICKEN PINWHEELS
One of the pages on Facebook that I follow is Real Housemoms. They have some great recipes like this Bacon & Chicken Pinwheels and it is so simple to make. I did make a few changes using some local products and I cut the chicken in strips and pounded them a little flatter.
Many of you know one of my favourite local products are Pixie Chick Spices and the bacon from Red Barn Market - you can't go wrong with this recipe using their products! Now for those that don't live around here - find a local butcher that uses quality products - see and taste the difference when you buy local and use quality ingredients! Lucky for you -- you can order any of the Pixie Chick Spices directly or check their FB page - their products are well priced and very versatile.
So here is my version of the recipe
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
These pinwheels are made of chicken strips and bacon then can be grilled or I cooked mine in a cast iron pan.
Original Author: Aubrey
Recipe type: Main
Ingredients:-- remember the higher quality of ingredients the better it tastes!
- slice your chicken breast into 1 inch thick slices - pound them flat - but not too much or too thin
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken with some Tuscan Sunset Spice
- slightly cook your bacon and add pepper if you like - don't over cook it or make it crispy! Place on paper towel to soak up any grease. I used one bacon strip per one piece of chicken.
- lay a strip of bacon on top of a chicken slice and roll up with the bacon on the inside.
- use your toothpicks to hold it together once you have rolled it up.
- drizzle the olive oil over the tops and bottom and sprinkle with the remaining Tuscan Sunset
- grill over med heat until chicken is completely cooked, usually 5 minutes on each side. (this depends on each grill so be sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving.
I served this over a bed of romaine lettuce with a few veggies!