Thursday 14 April 2011

Easter

I can't believe Easter is here again.  We have such beautiful Cupcake Cuddlers that will make your Easter event special, use them to dress up your cupcakes or as a little dish for your Easter candies/chocolates on your table.  Fill them with little candies for the kids to find or add in their Easter Basket. On a personal note Easter means our family is together for a wonder dinner and probably a few games of darts.  This year I have decided that the adult "kids" have to start learning how to make a big turkey dinner - start to finish.  This includes planning and figuring out how much food and what to have, but the bigger and most important thing to learn is how to prepare and cook my famous (well as famous as my friends and family say it is) BBQ turkey.  I have barbequed my turkey for 30 years - long before it became a popular thing to do.  I have changed, and perfected it every year!  A couple of years ago we were in New Brunswick where I prepared my turkey for my husband's family.  I learned I don't perform well under pressure!  I was so nervous that something would go wrong!  The concept was so new to them they made a ham in case the turkey didn't turn out or people didn't like it.  My confidence was wavering, but I pulled it off with flying colours!  They couldn't stop raving about it and still talk about it anytime it is turkey dinner time.  I was proud of myself and realized that taking the time to prepare a great meal and feeding my friends and family just warms my heart.  I might not be famous or do great and wonderful things that the world will know that I was here, but I know I mean something to those that I love and care about.
I hope your life is filled with challenges, change, laughter and most of all love.  Remember to tell those that are important in your life how much they mean to you.  RIP Dad - we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment