Friday 30 March 2012

March Foodie Penpal

This month I came across a posting on Facebook from  Lindsay Livingston from The Lean Green Bean letting us know there was a Foodie Penpal going on here in Canada!  What was that about I wondered!!  She had me at foodie and I could guess that it had something to do with a food exchange!
The amount of coordinating this took was intense - I'm sure!  So a big Thank you to Lindsay for putting this all together.
Lindsay sends us an email with our name and who we send our package to, and another name of someone who sends it to us.  The rules are pretty simple spend $15.00 and make sure your package gets to you penpal before the 25th  and then blog about it on the 30th.  I had Jamie from Embracing Balance and as it turned out she lives here in Victoria - so a bit of a challenge to find unique things and we had the opportunity to meet and had a really great chat! Since I saved on postage I did spend just a little bit more than $15.00 (hope that was ok)  She has posted her blog and you can read it on her site about what I bought for her.


So now the good stuff comes for me!  The package arrived from Ontario and I was excited to see what was in it!
Pamela took the time to write a really nice note for me and explained why she sent what she and how she uses them.  I will have to remember that for next month!  It was really nice to get the beautiful note and the items.

The first item was the Egyptian Licorice organic tea.  I love tea and had never tried this.  I wasn't sure about licorice - but it wasn't too strong at all and was a nice mild flavour.

Next was this - Chilpotles - I love chilpotles and when I opened them the smell was wonderful and they were not overpowering either.  I made a great chili with them!

The last item was this Curly Sesame Delight - which I haven't opened or tried yet, but I will soon and will let you know how it is!

A big thank you to Pamela for taking the time to find some unique items to send to me! I am looking forward to the next exchange!  If you are a Canadian Food Blogger - check out this awesome opportunity to experience new items and meet some awesome people!

No comments:

Post a Comment