Sunday 11 November 2012

Cauliflower Soup

 
CAULIFLOWER SOUP

I am not much of soup person and yet my last post and this post are both soups!  Maybe it's the cooler weather and it  just warms you up - plus it's good for you and Mr. SweetArt will eat it too - so it gets the veggies into him!

Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients

1 onions, chopped ( I had a red onion that I used)
1 clove garlic minced
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 tsp butter
1tsp of Pixie Chicks Tuscan Sunset ( or Italian Seasoning if you don't have this awesome stuff)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
10 oz/ 284 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
2 cups of water
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1 cup (250 mL) milk
Salt and pepper to taste and a sprinkle of Paprika
    You can also sprinkle on some chopped fresh chives when you serve it.
Preparation

In large saucepan with the butter, saute the  onions, garlic, celery,, nutmeg, chicken stock and 2 cups (750 mL) water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cauliflower; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat and put in food processor or blender in batches. I have an emulsifier - that I use on all my soups!  Love it :)
Whisk in milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Return to saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with chopped chives if you want or a little more paprika.
I always serve fresh homemade buns with my soup :)
Enjoy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment