Friday 15 August 2014

Rice Krispies S'mores


Well I saw this post from Mom on Time Out and thought ...hmmmm sounds good. We've always been a o'natural Rice Krispies kind of family. 
Do I take a chance a ruin a whole recipe if no one likes it?  Why not try it, I thought!
I picked up the cereal and marshmallows and started to make it.  Then I read that a jar of Fluff was required! Oh no!! 
Wait I have a small bag of mini marshmallows!  I spread them out - put them in the oven and toasted them, added the chocolate back in the oven for a moment. Then took it out and spread the chocolate. Cooled for 10 minutes then rolled it up!  Oh my goodness! Heaven on your taste buds!!
But.... I had to have others test it out too and make sure!
Mr. SweetArt gave it 👍👍(two thumbs up)
Son - no real words just some moaning then the words that came out of his mouth were.... Can I take some home?and you can make that again anytime!
Daughter-in-law--- ohhhh yummmmmmy!
Neighbour- oh wow!! That is incredible! You can bring me these anytime you want!
So the verdict is It's a big hit!!
Here is how I did it. I will update with better pictures when I make it again. 

Ingredients

  • 3 bags of  miniature marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup butter (plus more for greasing)
  • 5 cup Rice Krispies cereal
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 3 Hershey's chocolate bars

Instructions:

  1. Line a 10x15 jellyroll pan with waxed paper. Butter the waxed paper really well and put aside.
  2. Combine 2 bags of marshmallows and one quarter cup of butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Stirring until marshmallows are melted. 
  3. Stir in and graham cracker crumbs and the the Rice Krispies 
  4. Press your mixture into the prepared pan.
  5. Spread your 3rd bag of marshmallows over your Rice Krispies and place on the middle rack in the oven on broil. WATCH CLOSELY!  It only takes a few minutes to brown them - take them out of the oven. 
  6. Place Hershey's bars on top of the marshmallows and place back in the oven for a moment - just enough to soften them. 
  7. Remove and using a spatula spread the chocolate all over. 
  8. Let cool for 10 minutes - not too long!
  9. Roll up jellyroll style (like a cinnamon roll), starting on the long side of the pan. As you roll  peel away the waxed paper.  Pinch the seams together and the ends. 
  10. Place the roll seam side down and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
  11. Slice, serve and enjoy!       


No comments:

Post a Comment