Sunday 10 July 2011

Cookies from a Cake Mix!

I guess I have been in the dark ages - I have never heard of doing this!  I have always baked cookies from scratch and yes a few times even had store bought cookies when I was in a pinch.  So I thought I would give this a try - I used the Duncan Hines deluxe Carrot Cake Mix and followed the instructions on their site: http://www.duncanhines.ca/recipes/cookies-bars/dh/carrot-cake-cookies  Well we all enjoyed them!  They were quick and easy  and yes I know not "homemade" but they really were good.  I am going to try some different mixes just for fun and see how they turn out.  I also didn't know that in the USA, Duncan Hines has many different kinds of cakes mixes that we don't have here in Canada.  Take a look at their US website and see the different things they have.  Experiment with the  mixes and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment