Sunday 10 July 2011

Cold Brew Toddy System

I was reading another blog Pioneer Woman, I have followed her blog for a few years, and recently read about this cold brew system.  I was very intrigued and set about finding one.  I made my first batch yesterday and it is ready today - I used a hazelnut coffee bean so that I could make a really nice flavoured ice coffee.  The only problem is the weather - it's cold outside!! It is July 10th and we are 13 degrees!! Where is summer?
So the "brew" can stay in your fridge for 2 weeks and it is like a coffee concentrate that you can use cold or hot and at any strength you prefer- it says it has 63% less acid in it and  it can be used for tea too.
So as soon as I can actually try it as a cold drink I will let you know, although I could have a hot coffee this afternoon and see how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment