Friday 16 September 2011

About me

I was reading one of the many blogs that I follow and came across one that introduced herself and I found it so nice and really connected more with her blog and what she wrote.  It was really nice in this day and age that an introduction like that was refreshing!  So without getting really personal here I go.
I was born in Edmonton - but don't really like to admit to that :) I did all my high school at an International School in Tokyo, Japan - we were there for 5 years and I loved it!  I have a very strong connection to Japan and all my friends there. 
We have lived here in Victoria since 1986, married 32 years this month and have 2 wonderful adult children and one very wonderful but stubborn cross dachshund named Libby. (She has her own cupcake squeeky toy)  I have passed the big 50 which is a great and wonderful thing - because the alternative is that one doesn't make it.  I almost didn't make it - 9 years ago this November  (2012)I was diagnosed with CML (chronic myologenous leukemia) and had to have a bone marrow transplant. A big Thank you to my doctors and donor and all those that donate to the blood bank!  I had two other small businesses and had to stop them both in order to fight through the CML and transplant.  I never dreamed I would ever feel good enough to live life again ... never mind run a business again.  So here I am, almost 8 years later and starting again.  Life is good - a lot of changes and adjustments to get here!  While I was slowly getting better I was confined to the house a lot and had to cook a different way and adjust to the way things were.I started cooking and baking from scratch.  Following blogs and stores - when I realized I was feeling good enough to do something and it was right there in front of me - so SweetArt Supplies was started.

I search for unique items and bring in some of the regular supplies for cake decoraters and the home baker. 
 I enjoy meeting and talking to my customers and learning from them - always learning! Laughing and still enjoying all that life has to offer!  So when you email me or call me - just say hi Gwen!
Looking forward to hearing from you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment