Monday 2 January 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

So it started off with seeing a post from The Smart Cookie Cook about these cookies - I just thought another chocolate chip cookies but her pictures and the idea of such a big cookie and the way you split the cookie and then put it together - well I don't know what the difference is but they sure turned out yummy!!  The only problem is my will power is wavering and it's only January 2nd and I just shouldn't have made these wonderful cookies --- at least it doesn't make a huge batch - just a huge cookie!

Take a look at the link of the way to make the cookies as I didn't really do a tutorial.  I had some really good dark chocolate that I made into the chunks - using my fancy dancy chocolate pick thingy

Here is the dough with the chocolate and the chocolate chips in it - very smooth and nice looking
I have never put my chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge but I did what she wrote - except I must say I used 1/2 of the brown sugar and substituted splenda brown sugar.  That was the only different thing I did - and it took the 15 minutes in my oven.
See they are big  - only 6 cookies on the tray!
See that's my big oven mitt on the left -

Fresh out of the oven - I have to admit I put one in the freezer to cool it off quickly so I could sample it for the purpose of course of writing this post! :)
I hope you head over to The Smart Cookie Cook for the recipe and instructions - yes there are instructions that are different from the everyday chocolate chip cookie recipe!

Enjoy - in moderation of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment