Wednesday 18 April 2012

Easy Crusty Chicken with Tuscan Sunset Rub


I know there are lots of great recipes that have chicken cooked in sauces - my hubby calls them soppy sauce chicken - he is not a big fan of chicken cooked that way.  He loves crispy crunchy chicken - I can't bring myself to deep fry chicken - except maybe once a year, although I can cook with the skin on and then take it off to eat it - you lose all the flavour!  Trying to keep things on a bit more of a healthy recipe I found something he loves.  I can make these into chicken fingers or  I can cook the chicken breasts whole.  I personally prefer to buy skin on - bone in, it takes a second to pull off the skin and if I find the bones add great flavour to the chicken.  If I am making chicken fingers - I of course keep the bones and freeze them until I have a bunch to make chicken stock.  I bake the bones to add some flavour for the stock.
So this is such a simple thing to do for crispy chicken.
I soak my chicken in some buttermilk for about an hour.
In another bowl I add Japanese Panko bread crumbs and some seasonings - anything you like.
This time I tried Pixie Chicks Tuscan Sunset spice - WOW!  What a wonderful combination of spices!
I heat my old cookie sheet in the oven with a just a little oil on it and then place my chicken on it and spray the top quickly with Pam.
Place in oven at 375 for 40 minutes for bone in - large pieces.
That's it.... easy peasy - crispy chicken dinner! (or winner winner chicken dinner) :)

I have used - Italian seasoning from the store but I am sold on this product!  I just had a little bit that a friend of mine gave me to try- I was not asked or paid by Pixie Chicks to endorse their product - it is just a personal endorsement of a product I tried and loved.   Check them out and buy one to try!

Have a great one!
Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment