Monday 30 April 2012

Christmas in April - Foodie Penpal

CHRISTMAS IN APRIL

This is my second participation in the Food Penpal. 
It is so much fun to get presents from someone somewhere in Canada!  You get to know them through their blog and usually the links to other blogs that are participating are fun to read too!  If you are interested click the link and join up - you will enjoy it.  Packages are mailed by the 15th of the month and contain no more than $15 worth of treats. On the last day of the month, participants reveal the contents of their Foodie Pen Pal package to the world by blogging about it, Facebook and Twitter :) - it is great fun.  I will take a break from it for a couple of months as my hubby is have surgery and life will be busy while he gets better.


Who doesn't like to get presents???  I loved opening up my April Foodie Penpal from Tamara of Fitknitchick.  Tamara (from Port Moody BC) wrote a really nice note in her card telling me about the products she sent.
I was excited when I opened up the packages :)  I love tea and had never tried the Arbonne Tea - I have a friend who sells this but somehow I have missed that they sell tea! Lindt dark chocolates -her favourite and I have to say mine too! Some wonderful honey sticks from the Honey Bee Centre in Burnaby, BC that I will add to my next cup of tea.
So I promptly put the kettle on for a cup of afternoon tea and somehow the little blue dark Lindt chocolate unwrapped itself and pushed its way into my mouth!! It started to melt so quickly that I had no chance of getting it out of my mouth.  So I had to enjoy the moment of the chocolate melting so smoothly and wonderfully!  My favourite!!  The biscuits are from Martins Marvelous, something I have never seen before and I will have to make something good to go with them! This is what it says about it "We kept things simple by using locally sourced ingredients to make this product line of all–natural, gluten–free and nut–free gourmet products. Now, you don’t have to settle for second best. Marvelous...eh?!" It says on the package I can open them and then freeze the rest - that's awesome!  No waste or stale biscuits here.

I hope you take a moment to check out Tamara's blog and the other links I have added.  Thank you Tamara for a great Christmas in April Foodie Penpal!

If you are interested in participating in the Foodie Penpal program please contact Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean- who by the way puts this awesome program together!  Thank you Lindsay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment