Friday 11 October 2013

Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday Dad


Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday Dad


This weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving. For me personally I have so much to be thankful for. It also falls on what would have been my father's 93rd birthday. He passed away 4 years ago and there isn't one day that goes by that I don't think of him and miss him with all my heart. I am grateful for having such wonderful parents. My Mom will 91 in February and is as sweet as ever.

This November will be 10 years since my bone marrow transplant.  I got to see my children grow up (something I didn't know if I would be here for)  see my daughter get married to a wonderful man. My son is with a wonderful woman and they have bought their first house. They are all happy - and as a parent I couldn't ask for anything more. 
 I have let go of relationships that were not healthy for me with no regrets. Some were harder than others to let go of - the time had come to move on and that's ok... I have reconnected with some old friends and have new friends in my life. (My Tomodachi- you know who you are)

I am thankful all the time- not just on Thanksgiving. I take the time to see the beauty that surrounds me- thanks to my daily walks with Libby. 

We see the colours of nature



I hope you are able take the time to breathe in the fresh air, enjoy your surroundings and have friends and family that bring happiness to your life. 
Thank you for taking the time to join me on Facebook and my blog - I appreciate and truely thank you. 
Cheers!
Gwen

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Gwen.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with family and friends..
    Cheers
    Donna

    ReplyDelete