Sunday 13 October 2013

The Thanks in Giving


Thank you - a powerful word when you really think of it.  Yet sometimes we say it "like it is nothing" We don't give it any thought and sometimes we don't even give it a proper "You're Welcome". 
Yet if we don't hear it when we anticipate it - the lack of it or the silence of it not being said is as loud as a blow horn. 
I want to be sincere when I say Thank- you to someone because I know how I feel when I don't hear it. It's a strange feeling - it can happen once and you sort of notice it but think "maybe I didn't hear it". Although if you do something for someone many times and don't get a Thank-you or some kind of acknowledgement - you eventually just stop doing it and there is a sadness that starts to creep into your heart. 
So I realized tonight on this Thanksgiving weekend just how very important those two (four) little words are.  I hope this makes you think about these words - Thank-you and You're Welcome. 
So here is mine....
To my son and daughter Thank-you for being there through some pretty tough times and a lot of great times. I am proud to be your Mom. 
To my husband of 33 years - Thank-you. no one ever said it would be easy but we have never given up and we love each other. 
To my parents - Thank-you-  it doesn't seem enough but I mean it from the bottom of my heart. 
To my friends past and present Thank-you. I learned many lessons from each of you. Arigato Gozaimasu
And to those of you whom have supported me in my business even if it's through Facebook and maybe we have never met but we chat on Facebook - Thank-You for your words of encouragement, laughter and support on this journey. 

Thank-you and You're Welcome!👍😀



Gwen


No comments:

Post a Comment