Thursday 31 October 2013

ALMOND BUTTER CRUNCH

ALMOND BUTTER CRUNCH
by
 
 
I have never made anything like this before -- and I am hooked!  I had some very wonderful Almond Butter Crunch given to me by friend Lorna from Your Perfect Gift.  ( if you order one of her awesome gift baskets -- make sure you ask for some! It is made by Frazer Valley Gourmet. (and it is gluten free)
 
I can't even begin to tell you how wonderfully smooth and delicious it is!  I had to try and at least come close to delectable treat.  I searched all over the internet and came up with a few different recipes that I thought might work -- I kind of looked them over and came up with what to do.
 
 
I did have a candy thermometer and that is a must when doing this recipe. I tried to do a little video -- to show you what it looks like... make sure your thermometer does not touch the bottom of the pam - or you will get a false reading.
 
Recipe:
1 cup of butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons water
1Tablespoon of clear corn syrup  ( next time I am going to use pure maple syrup!)
1 cup toasted slivered almonds -- (next time I am going to use chunks of almonds too)
1 cup of toasted slivered almonds for the topping - crush really well
 
It is very important to melt the butter, sugar, water and syrup all together -- don't melt the butter first!  It changes how things come together.
 
This takes a bit of time -- it gets up to the 200's very quickly but takes longer to reach 300 degrees
It will bubble away - just keep an eye on it and stir it every so often.
 
Once it reaches the temperature - remove from heat and stir in one cup of the almonds right away.  It is important to have everything ready to go - so get your almonds toasted as the mixture is coming to the correct temperature.
 
Pour onto a cookie sheet - there is no need to grease it because of the butter in the  recipe.
You can pour it all together or make round dollops of it if you are making some for gifts.  Or cut it right away into bars... or just break it up once it is cool... your choice.
Let it cool completely -- really don't skip this... then add either melted milk or dark chocolate on to the top! (I recommend using good chocolate)  Cool it again and then it is ready to eat!   OMG it was so good!!   
I will update this as I make it again and try and get better pictures and directions... until then if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Gwen
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment